Wednesday, January 2, 2008

120 Days Project: Day 1 and Day 2

First, I want to start off by explaining a bit more about the 120 days project. I keep getting asked by many, "What about after the 120 days are up?" I want to explain more of why I'm doing it 120 days and not 60 or 240? I know what the underlying question is. "What is your diet plan after 120 days?" Remember, this program is to help me get on a consistent diet and exercise program. The truth of the matter is it could be called the 999 and a half Days Project, but 120 days is, I believe, long enough to help me get on the journey. I do plan on letting it be a life journey, but this is simply helping me to get consistent.

Also, I have a lot of the "accountability partners" asking what they have to do or what they want me to have them do. The answer to that is absolutely nothing. You are reading this blog and that is the fullest part of accountability one can do here. Whipping the back of my hand with a wet noodle if I mess up is "extra accountability." The reason why you don't have to do a thing is simply because I have it in the back of my mind that the people who do read these blogs and know about the project have to be given positive results. I do not want to give negative results to those reading the blog. The facts may be that only 2 or 3 people are even reading these blogs or keeping up with my results. It can be that no one reads these blogs and knows of my results, but I have it in the back of my mind that I have to give positive results to the blog because I just don't want to hang my head low by messing up and posting things of a... negative... nature.

I wish that I could have posted the first day yesterday on the first, but there was a wonderful woman that came back to town the night before! We had a get-together/lock-in at the church with the youth and we celebrated the New Year in by counting down with Times Square on t.v. Kristin and I celebrated the New Years day by going to the Sitar Indian restaurant. So that was my dinner for that day... o.k. I need to explain what I eat on these blogs to. That's the next topic. Kristin is so wonderful and beautiful!

My meals that I eat will be posted along with the exercises. Exercises for day 1 sucked. I hate to post it, but I did some at least. I'll post what I ate as well. I think... I need to not eat that much dough.


Day #1
1/1/08

Exercises
Sit-ups 90
Push-ups 15
15-minute walk

Diet
Breakfast: 3 bacon strips, 2 eggs, 2 pancakes, 2 sausages
Breakfast note: I know it was a pretty big breakfast, but come-on! It was New Years morning! At least I didn't put butter on my pancakes! :)

Lunch: none
Lunch note:

Dinner: yes, Chai tea
Dinner note: Please ask Kristin the names of the dishes that we had. I ate till I was full. It was great food, I know that much!

Snacks: none
Snacks note:


Day #2
1/2/08

Exercises
Sit-ups 150
Push-ups 50
20-minute walk
25 alternate hammer curls
25 bench dips

Diet
Breakfast: 2 chicken biscuits and a small side of cut fruit (strawberries, grapes, cantaloupe, and honeydew)
Breakfast note: I know, biscuits bad, BUT, fruit good.

Lunch: none
Lunch note:

Dinner: none
Dinner note:

Snacks: 1 apple
Snacks note: I believe it was a Braeburn apple.


O.k. so there is day 1 and day 2, and yes I have taken a picture of myself both days. I'm just curious how quickly or slow changes will come... if they do come. But they will! So scratch that if off! We'll just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

L A Brannen said...

OK! We're watching you! Keep up the good work, but do eat a little something for dinner. I say you can have a big breakfast (just keep it good and healthy - not fattening), a medium dinner and a very light supper. 'Cause, like momma says, "We're gonna keep our eyes on you."