Tuesday, January 15, 2008

120 Days Project: Day 15

Day #15
1/15/08

Exercises
Sit-ups 150
Push-ups 50
50-minute walk
10-minute sprint (in my apartment)
25 alternate hammer curls
25 bench dips

Diet
Breakfast: none
Breakfast note:

Lunch: Lintel soup and passion herbal infusion
Lunch note: Lintel soup made by Chef Kristin Zinser. I love the garlic in it! I met Kristin today for lunch again today and she offered some of her lintel soup that she made. I learned there is this drink too that is called herbal infusion, and even though it comes in tea bags, it is not tea! Could have fooled me, but the proper name for it is herbal infusion. I like it though because of the nice kick it offered, and hey, it was passion flavored! :)

Dinner: none
Dinner note:

Snacks: none
Snacks note:


I feel really good today! I didn't have to fight sleep at work for once! I walked on the walking bridge today for 30 minutes and came back to my desk when Kristin called me and wanted to see if we wanted to go walking! Well, I calculated in my head that the 30 minute walk I just did counts for the two 15-minute breaks that I didn't take today... so I still had a lunch break to take! Doesn't that work??? She knows that I already walked, but I wanted to get some more walking in anyway; and besides, I wanted to see Kristin too!

Fifteen days and fifteen pictures taken. I have more pictures to compare the first day to. I like to watch the progress from day one to now, even though it is a small, minute change. I noticed that my endurance is getting better too during my exercise sessions.

Hey, Favorite Cuz, if you read this, then let me answer some of your questions that you had asked earlier on a comment you made...

You asked:
1) What are bench dips? Sounds like you dip into chocolate to me. LOL! 2) Where did you get the deer meat? I love deer meat - next time, feel free to invite your cuz. 3) Do we have prayer meeting on Tues nites? I didn't know that. 4) You could make "sprints" to your cuz's house. And, I'm sure it'd take you 10 minutes or less to walk to my house & back. You could also visit with us. If you've forgotten the way - I'm just around the corner & will be happy to remind you. 5) I do worry on the days you're not eating. Maybe you're fasting. 6) I'm AMAZED at the amount of sit-ups you're doing! I don't think I can do 10 without hurting! 7) You're doing great! Keep up the good work! We ARE watching - even if we don't comment every day.

Answers:
1) bench dips is an exercise where you sit in a chair and you pull yourself out and hold on to the seat of the chair with your hands. You dip your butt down to the group, bending your arms. Then you pull yourself back up. No chocolate involved! 2) I got the deer meat from my brother-in-law, Wendel, while visiting them in Louisiana during Thanksgiving. I have two more pounds of deer steak left, next time I cook it, I'll let you know. 3) Yes, we have prayer meeting on Tuesday nights from 7:00pm to 8:00pm. Missed you tonight! 4) I'd love to come and visit you anyway. I usually walk during my lunch at work, and by the time I get home, I don't feel like doing much of anything, BUT I will come and see you sometime. 5) Don't feel worried about the days that I'm not eating... maybe I'm fasting. 6) Thanks, please don't think I do them all at one time though. I'll get around 50 at one time, do something else, then I'll do 25 and 25, do something else, and then 50 again. 7) Thanks for watching... even though you don't have to do much for "accountability," watching and posting comments does motivate me to keep on working at it.

1 comment:

Favorite One said...

Thanks for the answers! I really enjoy reading about your progress. Glad you get to walk alot with Kristin. :-) I am STILL AMAZED at how many sit ups you're doing. Even if I did 10 through out the day - I'd be soooo sore. Maybe I'll try to do 2 and then graduate to 3. :-) Luv ya!